Thursday, February 28, 2008

Coda Accepted!

Coda has been accepted into the $100 Film Festival! As it turns out, I've been way too busy to have time to try to set up a Deco-scope (which is what I've come to call the system that Deco Dawson set up to transfer footage edited digitally back to Super 8 film). But I discovered that the Black & White Film Factory in Toronto (which is where I need to send my black & white film to be processed anyway) now offers transfers from digital files to Super 8 film. It's a little pricey, but it's a godsend when you're short on time.

I just got it back yesterday and viewed it through the projector while playing the soundtrack CD, just as it will be screened at the festival, and it looked pretty good. I think I may have lost some of the old film look in the digital processing (possibly because they used a kinescope recorder to transfer off of a monitor instead of using Deco's ingenious device) but definitely not enough to make me want to edit on the Steenbeck!

So mark your calendars. "Coda in G Minor" will be screened at the $100 Film Festival held at the Plaza Theatre on Friday, March 14, 2008 @ 7:00 p.m.

No comments: